Thursday, 16 April 2020

Buona Pasqua a Tutti

I miei meravigliosi studenti

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter at home and that you found many different ways to be creative and have fun. If you were at school in the last two weeks of Term 1, you may have shared a little about how the people of Italy celebrate Easter. If you weren't at school, please take a little time to read about Easter celebrations in Italy in the PowerPoint below. Remember, however, that just like all of us here in Australia, 2020 has been a very different year and the Italian people have had to use their imaginations to make the Easter period a special one. I have been in contact with one family in Gravellona Toce (a small commune in the North of Italy), who played a game of Tombola with their neighbours, by calling numbers out their windows and throwing small Easter treats to the winners of each round. They had a lot of fun and laughed a lot at a game that is traditionally only played during the Christmas period.
Reflect on how your Easter celebrations were the same or different this year. I look forward to hearing all about it when next I see you.

Fino alla prossima volta.

Signora Isaia

No comments:

Post a Comment