Thursday, 17 August 2017

L'incredibile Cinque Terre

Ciao a tutti.

I write this on my last day in Italy. Whilst I am sad to be leaving this beautiful country, its people, food, stunning landscapes and the wonderfully warm weather, I am looking forward to seeing you all on my return in just a few, short days. I have posted below some photographs of the breathtaking landscapes and villages of the Cinque Terre. Can you guess what Cinque Terre means in English? That's right, there are five 'lands', or centuries old villages that are built into the coastline of the Italian Riviera. The villages of Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore can only be visited by train or by taking a boat or ferry. Only the locals who live there and services such as the police, ambulances, postal and produce deliveries are able to access the villages by vehicle.

The Liguria region in which the Cinque Terre is built, is famous for its pesto sauce made from the herb basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil, pine nuts, salt and pepper. I'm sure a lot of you will have tried it before. It is delicious, especially on hand made pasta. I hope to be able to make pasta and pesto with you all, later in the year.

I am very excited to share with you all the many photos I have taken, as well as a competition I am currently planning for the last week or two of Term 3.

Until Monday, keep smiling, stay warm and sogni d'oro 😊

Signora Isaia



No comments:

Post a Comment